Who is a friend?
This is a big question that usually comes up in social discourse almost on daily basis. To answer this question, I have to mention some of the qualities we do not expect from a friend. These include:
1. Someone who gossips with your name is not a friend.
2. someone who envies you and looks for your downfall is not a friend.
3. Someone who introduces you to vices (such as stealing, illicit sexual relationships, greed, chemical and drug abuse, vulgar languages, to mention a few) is not a friend.
4. Someone who cannot give you good advice is not a friend.
5. Someone who reveals your secrets to every Tom, Dick and Harry is not a friend.
6. Someone who cannot stand with you in times of trouble, but will only come around you when the going is good is not a friend.
7. Someone who cannot help you when you are in need is not a friend.
If these are the qualities of someone who is not a friend, then you can easily say who a friend is. Be careful then in choosing who you relate with and call a friend, so that you shall not be led astray.
BE SELECTIVE WHEN IT COMES TO PICKING A FRIEND.
NOT EVERY HUMAN BEING CAN MAKE A GOOD FRIEND.